Barako is a Filipino varietal of Coffea liberica. It provides a smooth tone and avoids bitterness, even with extended brewing.
- Light – Caramel, Toffee, Nutty
- Medium – Fruity, Blueberry, Earth
- Unique Beans – Coffea liberica beans make up less that 5% of world production.
- Community Support – Every 1 pound sold provides $5 to a community organization in the Philippines.
- Filipino-Owned – Every step through the supply chain is Filipino-owned.
- 1/3 pound (160 grams) – Good for about 10 strong cups of coffee
- 1 pound (454 grams) – Good for about 30 strong cups of coffee
Tristan (verified owner) –
I’ve been looking for Barako beans that are freshly roasted in the States, and I’m so glad I finally found some. Not only are they strong as the ones in the Philippines, a bag will support organizations there as well. Ang galing talaga, at masarap pa!